5.21.2011

Saturday Morning Sloth

I woke up this morning with ridiculous bed-head. Like, the worst bed-head I have ever seen on my head or on others. And yet, it could have passed for an actual hairdo if I had been starring in a movie about a heavy metal band in the year 2073 (trust me, in my mind, that scenario works). I would show pictures, but I’m trying to keep my identity vague on this website.  Plus, I’m not sure I actually want to be linked to hair this bad.  Seriously, I don’t know how I accomplished it without the aid of hot metal and shellac-strength hair products.

Anyway, I woke up at 8:39 this morning. Since I hadn’t fallen asleep until 1:40, I thought this was a bit early. So I rolled over and forced myself back to sleep. For my own good. And I woke up at 9:39. So I gave up. Now I’m lying in bed watching the Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian on television and trying to figure out the likelihood of accomplishing anything productive today. If I were a magic eight ball, I would probably say, “Outlook not so good.”

I would stay in bed all day, but I think my sister is going to demand my attention and there isn’t room in my bed for her and me both. Which would end up with me on the floor. I’m not sure how she does it, but when we hang out in my room (rare), she always manages to get my bed and I take the floor. She’s sneaky and I have to watch out for her tricks. Given half an opportunity, she will play the you-do-it-you’re-closer card or the but-I-have-a-cat-on-my-lap-and-you-don’t card.

Yep, there she goes, yelling from the living room for me to come watch the Royal Wedding.  No, you’re not crazy; it did happen weeks ago. But she couldn’t stay up that late/ get up that early to watch the live coverage (and I had no interest at all), so we’re just now getting to the DVR. We are so back-logged on our DVR, it’s almost not worth trying to catch up. After we watch two strangers in a foreign country say, “I do” (which they did weeks ago, so it's not even that momentous now), I think we’ll end up watching roughly 7.4 hours of Friday Night Lights. Again, you’re not crazy. That show is off the air. We’re chronically behind on discovering awesome shows, so we get them on DVD and consume them in vast quantities until we’re sick of them. In fact, I think we haven’t watched any television show on the day it airs in a year and a half.

Happy Saturday to you and yours.  May it be more productive than mine will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment