11.01.2011

Bloggy Business and Promises I Might Not Keep

I have a couple things to share with you guys about this here blog and my little boring life. Let's jump right in, shall we?

Thing The First:
I'm blogging from my iPhone with the nifty new (to me? to the world? no idea...) Google Blogger app. I have no idea how well this will work, but I figure this will help me blog more often. I'm hoping it doesn't degrade the quality or readability of the posting.... So let me know if you see something wonky. One of the things I'm already struggling with is how to link without just putting the link text in parentheses. So if I can't figure it out, I'll just publish and figure it out on my laptop later... Oh, and this isn't some kind of sponsored review of the Google Blogger app or anything. I just like to give you guys...er...more details than you really care to know.

Thing The Second:
I was asked by Jaimie over at Legos In My Pocket to be her Monthly Featured Blogger, which was incredibly exciting for me. I've never written anywhere but here, so it was a little uncomfortable at first, but the kind of uncomfortable that pushes you out of your "safe zone" and shows you that you should try new things more often. It was a great experience! You guys should go check it out. And while you're there, you should wander around HER blog. Because she's awesome and patient (it may surprise, well, none of you to find out that I struggle with deadlines) and super talented--she made me a very pretty and completely wonderful blog button that I completely plan on putting on my side bar as soon as I get over my apathy for anything requiring effort.... So, go read my guest post if you want something other than bloggy business and promises I might not keep. And read Jaimie's stuff, too. Or just read her stuff. It's probably better than my rambling anyway.

Thing The Third:
November is NaBloPoMo, which is a really ridiculously difficult-to-pronounce acronym that stands for National Blog Posting Month. During which bloggers more talented and consistent than I am attempt to post every single day of the month of November, regardless of weekends or busy schedules. And even though I am already hopeless at this and I'm probably setting myself up for humiliating failure, I'm going to try. So get ready for a lot of blathering about things that are not bagels. With the occasional bagel thrown in for fun.

Thing The Fourth:
November is ALSO NaNoWriMo, which is a slightly easier-to-pronounce acronym for National Novel Writing Month. During which people who struggle to get motivated or maintain momentum in their writing make a big push and write an entire novel in one month. Not like a finished, polished, and published novel, but at least a completed full first draft with all the elements written out and nothing left unsaid. I've attempted this for the first two days of November for a few years and I always fail pretty quickly. I will NOT be taking this on this year, since I'm pretty sure I won't be able to do either of these challenges alone and pitting them together seems like suicide. But I thought I would throw it out there for any of you who have dreamed of, but struggled to, write a novel. Maybe someday, I'll join you all. I AM unemployed. I should have all the time in the world. But I just...don't...

Thing The Fifth:
I have not heard back on the jobs I interviewed for, but I have been in talks with my former bosses' colleague to work in HIS office doing very similar things I was doing before I quit my job. Which is not actually that interesting or appealing and I would have to go on relocation from January to April, which would suck pretty badly. But. It's a job. Then again, I quit a perfectly decent (in terms of pay, hours, and benefits, not in terms of happiness or satisfaction) job because it wasn't for me. So why would I take a job I'm not interested in, just for the money? That seems counter-intuitive... So, no real news on that front. Mostly just the indecisiveness that continually pervades my life. This is neither bloggy business or a promise I might not keep. But I thought some of you might want to know.

See you all tomorrow. I have a whole post planned about Satan's Cat and her ridiculous behavior. But my photos and my Internet fight a lot. So this may be another promise I break. Maybe ill tell you about a real-live phobia I'm developing (despite my best efforts to convince myself it's all in my head) and ask for your help. We'll see.

1 comment:

  1. Sarah Pearson11/2/11, 9:49 AM

    Good luck on the job thing - or not - depending on whether you decide you want it or not :-)

    ReplyDelete